Las Vegas New Year’s Safe Ride Programs
Resources For Getting Home Safe in Las Vegas on New Year’s Eve 2019-2020
Las Vegas police have sobriety checkpoints, extra patrols, roving patrols and other procedures in place on New Year’s to keep the roads safe. Zero Fatalities reports that the cost of a DUI can easily rise to $10,000 when attorney’s fees and associated court costs are considered. So don’t drive drunk. It’s just not worth it.
According to 8 Ball Bail Bonds, the holidays are an especially deadly time on Nevada’s roadways with many driving while intoxicated. Bail agents at 8-Ball Bail Bonds in downtown Las Vegas report that nearly 40 percent of their business involves those arrested for DUIs and they see a lot of activity on New Year’s Eve.
In addition to the 16 Taxicab companies in operation, the following are various FREE and fee-based Safe Ride programs available in the Las Vegas / Henderson area on New Year’s for you to use to get yourself and your vehicle home safe without having to get behind the wheel:
• The Regional Transportation Commission of Southern Nevada: Offering FREE rides on all 39 fixed routes within the bus system from 6 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 9 a.m. Jan. 1. Park at the free park-and-ride sites and take a bus to America’s Party. Details on the Free park and ride system and a map of all routes can be seen below.
New Year’s Eve Transit Info: https://www.rtcsnv.com/news/rtc-offers-free-transit-rides-for-everyone-on-new-years-eve/
• The Las Vegas Monorail will run continuously for 43 hours beginning at 7:00am on New Year’s Eve through 2:00am on Jan 2 to make traveling along the Las Vegas Strip easy, convenient and fast. Regularly priced tickets are $5 for a single ride and unlimited-ride passes are available for 24 hours, two days, three days and more beginning at $13.
Monorail New Year’s Eve Info: https://www.lvmonorail.com/las-vegas-to-stay-open-round-the-clock-for-43-hours-straight-for-new-years-revelers/
• Safe Ride Nevada: Offering designated drivers, car pickup and hourly personal drivers. For a flat rate of $60 a professional designated driver will be sent to drive you home in the comfort of your own vehicle and is also available to give you a lift to retrieve your car where you left it the night before. Safe Ride Nevada also offers personal driver services for $25/Hour. They are available 24/7 serving the greater Las Vegas Valley area.
• Designated Drivers INC: Have a trained rescue driver ninja be “your friend behind the wheel” and get you home safely! Designated Drivers INC. is available 24/7 by phone or Android / iOS app, simply select your services and location and a team will arrive to get you home for a charge of $60 (in network). They also offer individual and corporate memberships starting at $9.99/month or $100/year, which give discounted services at $45 per ride for the first 10 miles.
• The Tipsy Tow Holiday Safe Ride Program service offered by AAA Nevada is available from 6 p.m. on Dec. 31 through 6 a.m. Jan. 1. This service offers a 10 mile tow and free one-way ride for the driver and passengers when space allows.
• Dryver.com Dryver provides personal chauffeur and designated driver services to take you where you need to go. They offer this at a discounted rate because their drivers use your car. What an intersting twist on transportation! You can request rides through the Dryver app available on App Store and Google Play. The service starts @ $23.95 per hour.
• Uber and Lyft ride-sharing networks are both available this New Year’s throughout Las Vegas.