The Most Common Arrests We See In Las Vegas
Bearing the nickname of Sin City, it is no surprise that Las Vegas has one of the highest arrest rates in the United States. Known across the globe for its party atmosphere and wild nightlife, Las Vegas continues to be one of America’s most popular tourist destinations for people seeking to strike it rich at one of Las Vegas’s dozens of casinos. Below is a look at the most common arrests in Las Vegas and your keys to resuming normal life as quickly as possible following an arrest.
The Top Types of Arrests in Las Vegas
The casino industry, the active nightlife, and Las Vegas’s tendency to attract outsiders creates a landscape that is host to a plethora of criminal activities. While nearly all types of arrests occur with higher than average frequency in Las Vegas, there are three types of crimes that account for a sizable portion of arrests. They are as follows:
1) Possession of controlled substances: Illegal drug activity is more pervasive in Las Vegas due to the city’s nonstop nightlife. Recently implemented changes to marijuana laws may soon begin to reduce the number of arrests due to possession of controlled substances.
2) Solicitation of prostitution: While prostitution is legal in certain counties in Nevada, many residents and tourists are not aware that prostitution is not allowed in Las Vegas or Clark County. Additionally, escort solicitations and advertisements are commonplace throughout the Las Vegas Strip, creating confusion about whether prostitution is actually legal.
3) Domestic violence: Safety is a top priority in Las Vegas hotels and casinos. Security staff, hotel management and police have little tolerance for aggressive or violent behavior between patrons. In many cases, drug and alcohol abuse play a key role in domestic violence arrests.
Why Your Chances of Being Arrested in Las Vegas Are Higher Than Average
With a culture marked by a combination of a high rate of tourism and a high rate of arrest, residents and visitors to Las Vegas must be careful not to end up on the wrong side of the law. Here are just a few reasons why your chances of being arrested are higher than average in Las Vegas:
- Security cameras are much more plentiful due to the high number of casinos.
- Police routinely carry out escort sting operations in Las Vegas.
- Hotel security and managers are pro-active in working with police to report suspected prostitution.
3 Steps to Follow If You Are Arrested in Las Vegas
The speed with which you are able to resume your normal life after being arrested hinges upon your ability to follow three simple steps. If you are arrested in Las Vegas, the following three steps will help you get out of jail fast and resume your normal life.
- Do your best to remain calm.
- Cooperate with the authorities.
- Enlist the help of a trusted bail bonds provider.
Choosing the Best Bail Bonds Provider in Las Vegas
Not all bail bonds providers are created equal. It is important to select a trustworthy provider with the expertise required to help you resume your normal life as quickly as possible. When choosing a bail bonds providers, there are five key attributes that you should seek:
- Accessibility: Make sure that you choose a provider with 24 hour support.
- A Proactive Approach: Select a provider that walks clients through the bail bonds process.
- Experience: Seek a provider with years of experience.
- Licensed and Insured: Make sure that your provider has the best credentials to assist you.
- Community Reputation: Choose a community-focused provider with a reputation of helping clients.
8-Ball Bail Bonds exhibits all of these qualities and more. Our experienced staff works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help people who have been arrested. We offer free consultations and are even available to provide prompt guidance on holidays. Please contact us to learn how we can make the bail process as stress-free as possible. We look forward to assisting you!